Monday, June 14, 2010

Lost Without Employment

The job I lost

I worked in IT Support by phone. Due to the economy I was told I would no longer keep my job that I managed to sustain for two years. I thought I was going to grow in this company and become very successful. I started as an entry level contractor. The position was 6 months to hire but the company never hired me fully. Over two years they extended my contract 3 times. I made it clear I was looking for employment, but I didn't stress their decision to renew my contract as I was happy I had a job. When the economy went bad they let me go just as fast as they were to renew my contract.
What it's like being unemployed

Being unemployed this long, for a year, has been one of the most difficult situations that I have had to face. Jobs don't take into consideration the family that you need to support or bills that you have to pay in order to live comfortably in this society. Your whole lifestyle depends on your job and if you lose your job you lose your lifestyle and can sometimes lose everything that you own.


Advice

I have learned from this experience to treasure the things that I have, and I now don't take life lightly. I understand the importance of a dollar better and I make sure each dollar spent is accurately spent in the correct way that it needs to be spent. I'm still unemployed and I'm constantly looking for work, but I don't ever give up. We were once workers, providers, and tax payers and we don't deserve to be treated less than that.

No comments:

Post a Comment